Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thing #1

The hardest lifelong learner habit for me would be habit #1 - Begin with the end in mind. I very much focus on things in a step-by-step manner, so I rarely begin thinking about the end.

The easiest habit for me would be habit #4 - Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner. This is probably the easiest for me because I know that I have all of the other habits to being a lifelong learner. I was raised by lifelong learners, and I have grown up to be one. I enjoy learning and want to instill that same passion in the students that I will one day teach.

2 comments:

  1. It is truly awesome that you have that confidence in yourself. Believing in yourself means a lot when it comes to teaching others to believe in themselves (an important skill for raising lifelong learners) Teaching the children to believe in themselves will help them to know they can learn anything and that could possibly be the greatest thing we as teachers could ever teach them as it will enable them to learn everything else we teach them afterwards. Wonderful, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was opposite of you. I have very little confidence in myself. But always remembering that there is an end and you can set a goal is so easy for me. There is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete