Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thing #3

I would like to use my blog both reflectively and for classroom use. I think the a blog would be a great place to reflect on teaching methods, and student growth (although not using names of students). I would also love to have supplemental materials of the class on my blog. I would never want to make it the sole source of certain material though. There are going to be students without access at home, and I would hate to feel like they are missing out because I chose a path they they could not access. So, I would have to very carefully consider what to put on the site for the class, and if there are other methods available to all students.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    I love how you are thinking of incorporating a blog into your classroom. I also agree about if children do not have access to internet. So, as a solution to that why not ask parents if they have a computer or access to any type of internet, and if not give these students time during class to work on their part. Why not make the blog interactive for the students and let them post and comment for a grade or extra credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think other educators would enjoy reading and following your growth as well! Other teachers are always looking to each other for advice, ideas, and other information and who knows your experiences could end up helping them greatly!

    ReplyDelete