Monday, October 8, 2012

Thing #12

Google Translate is, to me, an obvious choice for the most useful of the four Google tools listed. Google translate can work for any grade level. High school students could translate websites to expand their horizons and young children could use it to help them master numbers and simple words or phrases in other languages. Google Calendar would also be quite helpful for sharing a class schedule to parents and other teachers. It would incorporate well into a blogger site, or just about any other type of blog site because Google tends to make very universal tools.

I stumbled across some other tools that Google offers, and they actually have a page just for Educators. I absolutely LOVED Google LitTrips. It's a free service where other educators have taken their favorite book (across all grade levels) and incorporated that different places that the characters visit in that book into Google Earth. Students can look at real world pictures of the different places and learn trivia as well. I would love to play around some more and see what else Google offers, and I would encourage my classmates to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment