Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thing #6 - WordPress

Back in 2009 CNET hosted a contest for the most useful websites/apps. I chose Wordpress from the list of 100 sites. Winner: WordPress.com

I chose this winner because over this past summer break (2012) I wanted to make my own website. So, my husband added my new domain to his account and I began to add different posts about my son or news stories that caught my eye. I was hoping to include research that I found interesting once the semester began. I find that the WordPress system has a lot of options, and I like the interface. My website isn't everything that I want it to be quite yet, but I do really like it. I find it easier to use than the blogger system, but that may just because because I started with WordPress first. The most useful feature is the plugin finder. You can search by the most popular the find what everyone has for the backbone of their website design, or you can search for something specific that you may need for one particular need.

If you are interested here is a link to my website

No comments:

Post a Comment